Strong Momentum grows for neighbor to neighbor, block by block campaign
San Francisco – With the November elections just three months away, District 8 Supervisorial Candidate Rebecca Prozan is holding steady as a frontrunner in the election to replace termed out Supervisor Bevan Dufty.
Fundraising reports for the period ending June 30, 2010 will show Prozan doubling the amount of donors since December, for a current total of $107,000 from almost 600 donors, with 74% of contributions coming from San Francisco residents.
The District 8 Election is one of the most contentious races this year and Prozan’s campaign is making sure she has both the funds and the organization to put her over the top this November. She plans on filing for public financing later this week.
Prozan’s campaign anticipates her opponents benefiting from independent expenditures. As an independent candidate, Prozan will remain competitive in both fundraising and field organization through her vast network of supporters and deep ties to the District.
“Our campaign set out to create an operation outside of the usual political camps and it’s working,” says Prozan. “In these tough economic times, voters want city government to do more with less. I bring an independent, common sense approach needed to rise above the political infighting in order to get the job done.”
Prozan is coming off the heels of a record breaking signature gathering effort submitting 3100 signatures, more than any other Supervisorial candidate citywide. Her campaign held its campaign headquarters opening this past weekend in Noe Valley with over one hundred supporters in attendance.
District 8 is comprised of the following neighborhoods: Castro, Eureka Valley, Diamond Heights, Noe Valley, Glen Park, Valencia Corridor and Duboce Triangle.
- Rebecca Prozan Collects 3100 Signatures and Becomes First Candidate to reach $100K milestone in District 8 Supervisor Race
- Rebecca Prozan Running Extremely Competitive Campaign Despite Influx of Special Interest Money Benefiting Other District 8 Candidates
- Supervisorial Candidate Rebecca Prozan is Top Fundraiser in San Francisco District 8 Race
- Thanks to You, Our Campaign is Going Strong
- Supervisor Bevan Dufty endorses Rebecca Prozan for District 8 Supervisor